Tennis for All
*Ladies and Men’s Winter Tennis Leagues have started on Wednesday and Monday evenings. This weekly competitive tennis, based on leagues, takes place on Monday evenings for men and Wednesday evenings for women. It goes on throughout the winter. If you would like to join in, contact Will Harrison / Graham Hall or Margaret Heggs / Pat Woolston for more details.
Hamilton Tennis Club has excellent facilities and provides opportunities for tennis at all levels.
- Club nights on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mixed play and regular monthly tournaments.
- Regular group coaching sessions for adult beginners and for improvers/intermediates.
- Monday nights and Sunday mornings – Men’s play. Wednesday nights and Sunday afternoons – ladies play. Over the winter, Monday and Wednesday evenings are organised as a ladder competition.
- Monday club mornings 9-12noon.
- Tuesday club afternoons drop-in 1.30-4pm.
- All club sessions are organised so that any member can turn up and mix in. In addition to these times there are also opportunities for free play if courts are available.
- Our main tennis events throughout the year are shown in the Annual Calendar. This can be viewed and downloaded.
For more competitive play, we run five men’s, three ladies and four mixed teams in the Leicestershire leagues as well as a men’s Aegon team. We also have men’s and ladies veteran teams and winter league teams. There are plenty of opportunities for those wanting to join a team. To see the current team arrangements, captains’ contacts and season’s fixtures, go to the fixtures and results page. Read the weekly reports of all our matches, tournaments and other tennis events throughout the year on our team information page.
Court availability. Court 6 now available to book Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
To see what’s happening on the tennis courts and when there may be courts available for free play, use the links below.
In addition to the opportunities for free play, we are trialing making court 6 available on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday nights from 6.30 to 9.30pm for members to book if they wish to arrange specific fours on those nights. If you would like to make a booking, please sign up on the court availability sheet in the foyer of the clubhouse. We are limiting this initially to one booking per week for members, to give as many people as possible the opportunity to guarantee a court in the evening. This will be reviewed over time.